Most people don’t know many human brain facts. Actually, hman brain facts are often misunderstood, and this is why so many people look to outward solutions to internal problems. When you’re depressed or feeling anxious, having trouble dealing with stress or have become addicted to something, whether it’s drugs or television or shopping or sex, most people don’t think that they can overcome them without the help of medicine.
The following human brain facts are just small keys engineered to help you understand the potential of the brain, its power, and the ability that each of us has to overcome any number of personal trials and tribulations.
Human brain facts 1 and 2:
Did you know that the human brain uses up 20% of your body’s energy, but only accounts for 2% of its total weight? That means that in order to keep a healthy functioning brain, you need to keep your energy up on a regular and consistent basis. Exercise and diet are key, as is continually exercising the brain.
The cerebral cortex, that section at the base of the brain, grows thicker the more you use your brain and learn. If you become stagnant and lazy, watch television or play video games all day or hide out in a bar, then your brain is probably not getting the use it needs are your cortex will be diminished in size, which can lead to a number of health problems.
Human brains facts 3 and 4:
Your brain generates enough power that it could illuminate a light bulb. By using that much energy, when you’re not nourishing your body, then you become tired and run down, and this can lead to a number of other ailments.
A newborn baby’s brain will grow three times its size in the first year. That’s why it’s so critical to give a newborn the stimuli he or she needs to develop and grow. Without that stimuli, the child may have deficiencies during development and subsequent problems on into adulthood.
Human brain facts 5:
The human brain facts that matter most is that the human brain is the most complex of any animal on the planet. There are so many things that we still don’t know about to this day, so many things that need to be understood before we could even begin to consider the possibility of helping every single person overcome all of their troubles.
Human brain facts will not solve one’s problems, but it can open a door …
Of course you don’t need to care all that much about human brain facts or know many of the human brain facts that have been discovered throughout history. However, when you have trouble dealing with different issues in life, when aspects of work or family life or just your internal feelings are causing you distress and pain, then the more human brain facts you know, the more it can highlight a larger issue and that is that people are unique and one person’s brain will function much differently than another person.
Groups are fine, but alone time is best
Traditional models of therapy have long been based on group therapy. The idea of sharing similar experiences, backgrounds, and problems is to let others know that they are now alone, that what they’re going through has happened before. It also can open up doors within a person’s mind to possibilities and hope.
While this is noble and has worked for countless individuals in the past, it has also failed so many people. There aren’t numbers to offer since therapists tend to gloss over the failures and only tout the successes, but it is significant. That’s why some people, Dr. Fleming included, believe that individual therapy is perhaps the best solution to helping people overcome their hardships and challenges.
You could know all of the human brain facts that science has uncovered and you would still know but a minute percentage of the brain. With such vast, undiscovered lands laying open before us, it’s important to realize that we have but one life, and one brain. Why risk more time and still not have the happiness and accord that you desire by going through group therapy, hoping that it will hit all the right marks for you.
Dr. Fleming believes you should always have a choice and when you do, one-on-one will continually earn higher grades than any group therapy could.
Dr. Fleming’s solution:
Dr. Fleming has long been working on studying how the brain works and through his efforts, has unlocked a number of incredible keys to overcoming any number of challenges. His customized one-on-one approach has helped thousands of clients from around the world improve their lives, overcome addictions, and become better people.
Dr. Fleming’s vast experience also includes:
- PhD trained with experience in not only addiction and clinical arenas but also corporate and executive development arenas.
- All one-on-one intensive arrangements customized and feature brain-retraining interventions and in depth, comprehensive assessment technologies.
- Come to the client and work “in their world” real time (no in patient stay overs that make a professional lose touch w/their busy life and work commitments).
- Versed in neuroscience and brain-based solutions that break the barriers around effectively changing a human being’s patterns of choices/behaviors.
- Coached hundreds of executives and professionals on 5 continents
- Over 95 percent “highly satisfied w/outcomes.”
- Been featured expert in The New York Times and Christian Science Monitor, and in featured interviews alongside gurus such as Marshall Goldsmith.
- A former shrink who knows under the radar barriers of human nature but doesn’t act like a shrink—a down to earth change agent who speaks it like it is.
- Former Hollywood high end clients come from his work as a recording artist as well as private coach for “derailed notables.”
- Former big name clients have trusted him: from a former White House Cabinet member to NFL athletes to professional musicians to Fortune 500 C-levels.