It doesn’t matter where you come from, addiction treatment in California should be unique. This is the same idea for anywhere, actually, but often we find addiction treatment in California catering to groups rather than individuals. Why would any option for addiction treatment in California even consider that everyone is the same?
We are all individuals and each one of us, even identical twins, have different experiences, desires, wants and needs and that alone defines what it means to be an individual. Treatment of any form of addiction, whether it’s for alcohol or drug addiction, should be dealt with on an individual, person-by-person basis.
No one should be treated as though they are part of a mass group. If you’re looking for a method of treatment that is likely to fail the first time around, then seek out treatment that approaches addiction as though everyone is the same and everyone’s reasons for dipping into the world of drugs or alcohol is the same. If you think about it for a moment, you will realize that a person who became addicted to alcohol in college because of all of the parties he or she attended – perhaps because, as a teenager, his parents didn’t allow him the freedom to be his own person and then when he went to college couldn’t handle the choices- is going to be completely different than someone who experimented with drugs as a young teenager in an effort to escape abuse or some other home environment.
Some people stumble into addiction as a release or an escape. They feel good for a while and the drug builds into an addiction in time. Other people stumble into it because they are uninhibited by their natural shyness or tendency to be uncomfortable around strangers.
People simply don’t wake up one morning and choose to become addicts of drugs and alcohol. They each have their own story to tell and they are each tempted in different ways. But if you are to treat them all the same, as though they all come from the same background, then you will be faced with a major challenge and a number of failures before you actually help that one individual.
Recognizing addiction on a personal level
Addiction is very personal and yes, people do like to hear about how others like them became addicted and how they feel about it because it helps them to not feel so alone, which is important during recovery. When a person feels alone, the mountain that they have to climb seems much steeper and higher.
But actually climbing the mountain should be done alone, so that they see that when they are alone, they can accomplish any feat and challenge they face.
Addiction strikes at the heart of men
No one is immune to addiction. It affects every aspect of your life, and even those individuals who think they cover their tracks well are not so devious or secretive as they may wish to be. At some point, for residents of the Gold Rush state, addiction treatment in California will become an option.
Families and friendships are strained by addiction and while many programs for addiction treatment in California go about it as a mass market, this won’t help everyone seeking help. In fact, it is difficult to truly know the success rate for addiction treatment in California. We hear about the success stories, but are often misled about the failures.
Addiction treatment in California shouldn’t be about failures
Addiction treatment in California should be about the individual, not a center’s success stories when they ignore those that didn’t get the help they needed. It’s easy for people to get lost in group settings. An introverted and shy individual is likely to nod in assent and go along with the group and therefore get lost in the process.
When it’s time for addiction treatment in California that works, then it’s time to see how unique everyone is and why the same approach that works for one person can’t necessarily be applied to another individual.
Dr. Fleming advocates wholeheartedly that addiction treatment in California, and elsewhere, begin with the individual, rather than the group. His approach has an incredible proven track record of success.
Dr. Fleming’s solution:
Dr. Fleming has long been working on studying drug addiction and how the brain works when subject to drug addiction and, through his efforts, he has unlocked a number of incredible keys to overcoming any number of challenges. His customized one-on-one approach has helped thousands of clients from around the world improve their lives, overcome addictions, and become better people.
Dr. Fleming’s vast experience includes:
- PhD trained with experience in not only addiction and clinical arenas but also corporate and executive development arenas.
- All one-on-one intensive arrangements customized and feature brain-retraining interventions and in depth, comprehensive assessment technologies.
- Come to the client and work “in their world” real time (no in patient stay overs that make a professional lose touch w/their busy life and work commitments).
- Versed in neuroscience and brain-based solutions that break the barriers around effectively changing a human being’s patterns of choices/behaviors.
- Coached hundreds of executives and professionals on 5 continents
- Over 95 percent “highly satisfied w/outcomes.”
- Been featured expert in The New York Times and Christian Science Monitor, and in featured interviews alongside gurus such as Marshall Goldsmith.
- A former shrink who knows under the radar barriers of human nature but doesn’t act like a shrink—a down to earth change agent who speaks it like it is.
- Former Hollywood high end clients come from his work as a recording artist as well as private coach for “derailed notables.”
- Former big name clients have trusted him: from a former White House Cabinet member to NFL athletes to professional musicians to Fortune 500 C-levels.