Most people don’t really care too much about understanding how the brain works. Unfortunately for millions of people around the country and around the world, by a little understanding of how the brain works, there would by far fewer health problems, stress, anger, and other negative emotions flying around.
Does that sound like a myth? Does that sound like a bit of pretentiousness? That the world could actually be a better and happier place just by understanding how the brain works? Well, the truth is that it isn’t. The brain is the most powerful muscle in the human body and understanding how it works goes a long way toward maximizing its efficiency and overcoming a great many challenges that everyday life offers.
The first step in understanding how the brain works
Perhaps the most important first step in understanding how the brain works is the understand just what the brain does. In a general summarization, the brain does everything. A person can’t live without the brain. There are certain functions, such as breathing and the heart beating – these involuntary actions- that the brain controls without the person thinking about it. The actions cannot be stopped by willing them to be.
However, most of the other functions of the brain can be controlled, managed, influenced, and altered by the person. Understanding how the brain works can give this kind of unimagined power to a person to change their life, alter their state of happiness, and even bring them success throughout their life, all with the basic premises that have been discovered by professionals throughout the ages who have spent their lives understanding how the brain works.
Imagine a brave new world
If someone, some company, advertised on the television a product that could change your life, change your fortunes, and bring you all of the happiness and joy that you have ever sought in life, would you want to know more? What if that commercial told you that you didn’t have to buy anything, that you didn’t have to do any real heavy lifting, and that you could do it all within the comfort of your own home?
Would you believe it? Would you want to know more? This isn’t science fiction and it isn’t something that some might consider snake oil. It’s a genuine and real possibility and it starts with understanding how the brain works.
Getting past the sales pitch
But you, as the buyer, would have to get beyond the sales pitch first. There are no such things as free and quick solutions. Not when it comes to the brain or building a better life. It requires dedication, perseverance, and patience, but no matter what challenges you face in life, they can be overcome, as long as it’s under the right guidance by a person who understands how the brain works and how life’s problems and challenges are processed by the brain itself.
Someone may say that they don’t like their appearance, that they don’t think they are attractive and this causes them anxiety, loneliness, and other negative emotions. An easy solution, though costly, may be to consider plastic surgery. In some extreme cases, this may be a legitimate solution, but not for the majority of people. The reason is because if someone sees negativity in their appearance now, they will see it again in time, after they get used to their new features. The change only masks a problem that is going on within the brain.
Instead, this person could work with a professional who has a strong understanding of how the brain works and dig deep into the core of the problem at hand. Over time, this person can find true happiness through a series of exercises and adjustments to a way of thinking, or thought processes.
The real solution is understanding how the brain works
If you or someone you know is struggling in life, then there are many possible solutions, including but not limited to prescription medications. While these may seem like a ‘cure’, they are only another mask to wear for a time. Understanding how the brain works and how you can alter it to build a better life is the best solution for any long-term, lasting happiness.
Dr. Fleming’s solution:
Dr. Fleming has long been working on studying the brain and psychology for most of his professional career and, through his efforts, has unlocked a number of incredible keys to overcoming any number of challenges. His customized one-on-one approach has helped thousands of clients from around the world improve their lives, overcome addictions, and become better people.
Dr. Fleming’s vast experience includes:
- PhD trained with experience in not only addiction and clinical arenas but also corporate and executive development arenas.
- All one-on-one intensive arrangements customized and feature brain-retraining interventions and in depth, comprehensive assessment technologies.
- Come to the client and work “in their world” real time (no in patient stay overs that make a professional lose touch w/their busy life and work commitments).
- Versed in neuroscience and brain-based solutions that break the barriers around effectively changing a human being’s patterns of choices/behaviors.
- Coached hundreds of executives and professionals on 5 continents
- Over 95 percent “highly satisfied w/outcomes.”
- Been featured expert in The New York Times and Christian Science Monitor, and in featured interviews alongside gurus such as Marshall Goldsmith.
- A former shrink who knows under the radar barriers of human nature but doesn’t act like a shrink—a down to earth change agent who speaks it like it is.
- Former Hollywood high end clients come from his work as a recording artist as well as private coach for “derailed notables.”
- Former big name clients have trusted him: from a former White House Cabinet member to NFL athletes to professional musicians to Fortune 500 C-levels.