Suffering from an addiction, whatever kind, can overwhelm just about anyone, yet there is sexual addiction treatment in Portland, Maine that can make a difference. When people think of sexual addiction treatment in Portland, Maine, one of the initial reactions is to wonder how anyone can become addicted to sex.
Sexual addiction is real and can have lasting impact
We are creatures who are attracted to others in many different ways. For some, that means a physical attraction, which, over time and through loneliness, illness, or depression, can lead to an addiction to sex which is why sexual addiction treatment in Portland, Maine is an important option.
Many people tend to hide their addiction to sex well, while others put their jobs and their marriages in jeopardy on a regular basis. Sexual addiction treatment in Portland, Maine is for these individuals.
How to tell if you’re addicted?
The defining line for a sex addiction can be a thin and fragile one at best, but if you find that you, or someone you know, obsesses about sex, has sex with strangers on a whim, or even puts their job at risk for the act, then he or she may have an addiction. While it may be simplistic, many people who aren’t familiar with how dangerous addiction is will seek out centers for sexual addiction treatment in Portland, Maine. They do this in the hopes of luring a willing partner into bed.
While this could be construed as a misconception, there is always that risk. Sexual addiction treatment in Portland, Maine should protect the individual, not only from him or herself, but also from others who may attempt to take advantage of the situation.
Sexual addiction is no laughing matter, and no joke
People who hear about others suffering from sexual addiction will likely turn it into a joke of some kind or another. The reality is that addiction to sex is a very serious and very debilitating illness. It’s not something to be taken lightly, or to joke that you’re going to have to sign yourself up for sex addiction therapy just so that you can take advantage of some hot number of the opposite sex.
Sex addiction affects millions of people around the world every day. They find everyday activities are challenging to complete because they are focused almost exclusively on sex, seeking out sex, pleasing themselves, or getting into trouble with complete strangers and putting their jobs and their health in jeopardy. Like any addiction, overcoming a sex addiction often requires the assistance of qualified professionals.
While it can be easy to dismiss sex addiction as a universal condition, the reasons why different people end up addicted to sex varies from person to person. Some people find that their past led them to seek comfort through sex. Perhaps a woman was abuse sexually when she was a young girl and now is seeking out comfort through sex. Perhaps a man had an experience with someone of the opposite sex that they are trying desperately to recreate – perhaps he was in love with the woman of his dreams and let it slip away.
There are hundreds of reasons why people can become addicted to sex and each one is legitimate. Treating them all the same, as though they all have the same experiences in life, is a mistake and one that no one should make willingly, but that is precisely what happens when people are treated in a group setting.
Sexual addiction is very personal and sometimes very embarrassing for the individual, at least the underlying mitigating factors that led to the addiction. These individuals deserve the best treatment and the most personal and serious approach to recovery.
How to find the right center for sexual addiction treatment in Portland, Maine
When you realize that it’s time to seek out the right treatment for sexual addiction, then how do you choose the right sexual addiction treatment in Portland, Maine? The answer is to ask yourself a simple question: are you an individual or a clone? If you believe you’re different than other people, then your treatment should be different.
That’s how Dr. Fleming thinks, too, and his personalized approach has helped hundreds of clients overcome debilitating addictions and get their lives back.
Dr. Fleming’s solution:
Dr. Fleming has long been working on studying drug addiction and how the brain works when subject to drug addiction and, through his efforts, he has unlocked a number of incredible keys to overcoming any number of challenges. His customized one-on-one approach has helped thousands of clients from around the world improve their lives, overcome addictions, and become better people.
Dr. Fleming’s vast experience includes:
- PhD trained with experience in not only addiction and clinical arenas but also corporate and executive development arenas.
- All one-on-one intensive arrangements customized and feature brain-retraining interventions and in depth, comprehensive assessment technologies.
- Come to the client and work “in their world” real time (no in patient stay overs that make a professional lose touch w/their busy life and work commitments).
- Versed in neuroscience and brain-based solutions that break the barriers around effectively changing a human being’s patterns of choices/behaviors.
- Coached hundreds of executives and professionals on 5 continents
- Over 95 percent “highly satisfied w/outcomes.”
- Been featured expert in The New York Times and Christian Science Monitor, and in featured interviews alongside gurus such as Marshall Goldsmith.
- A former shrink who knows under the radar barriers of human nature but doesn’t act like a shrink—a down to earth change agent who speaks it like it is.
- Former Hollywood high end clients come from his work as a recording artist as well as private coach for “derailed notables.”
- Former big name clients have trusted him: from a former White House Cabinet member to NFL athletes to professional musicians to Fortune 500 C-levels.