Food addiction treatment in Florida may be like many other treatment facilities around the country, but when you’re facing down another day of overeating, you don’t want similarities; you want results. That’s why the food addiction treatment in Florida that you choose should be effective, regardless of the setting or the advertising or the celebrities that may sponsor it.
Why food addiction treatment in Florida?
This article is not, in any way, intended to offend the great people of Florida, but is intended to shed a light on this painful addiction and the options for food addiction treatment in Florida. Never before has a society been inundated with a barrage of commercials and other advertisements for food.
It’s an epidemic and as portions increase in size and the worst foods for us become cheaper, a person can easily find him or herself in the position of needing food addiction treatment in Florida.
The environment can be perfect for assisting in this challenge in that it is warm and inviting to be outdoors. Yet food addiction in Florida will have its share of challenges. Someone who is addicted to food may or may not be embarrassed by their situation, how they look, or how often they are seen eating. However, at some point, either they or someone they know will broach the subject of food addiction treatment in Florida.
Addictions don’t come in neat little boxes
Contrary to what too many people think, addictions are not neatly packed into boxes. Just because someone isn’t addicted to drugs or alcohol, it doesn’t mean that they aren’t suffering from a debilitating addiction. There are many things that a person can become addicted to, from drugs and alcohol, to shopping, sex, television, food, and much more. A food addiction can be just as devastating as any drug can be.
The reason why is that food surrounds us every single day. There’s no way to escape it. Unlike drugs and alcohol, where a person can simply avoid places that offer these items when they are attempting treatment, a person who is addicted to food is going to find temptation wherever they turn. And with food, it is not something that the body can go without. Food addiction is serious because people need to eat, but it’s the manner in which they eat that is the problem.
Food addiction will affect a person’s health, no matter what condition they are in. Some food addicts start out in great shape, working out on a regular basis, and even go farther toward keeping fit as a way to hide their addiction from friends and family. Other people will not care as much about a few extra pounds, and then when those few extra pounds become quite a bit more, then they are going to likely find a way to justify it to themselves and keep adding on the weight because they want to eat. They feel compelled to eat.
Add to this situation the numerous fast food restaurants that seem to pop up everywhere around the country today, and even more than that, the fact that healthy foods are much more expensive than junk food, and you are faced with a situation that could escalate into an epidemic.
People who are addicted to food suffer many of the same side effects of addiction as those who are addicted to drugs and alcohol. One of the most common is going to be denial. They will deny that they have any kind of a problem when confronted. They will often say that they are fine or that they simply enjoy food and why is that a crime? If you know someone who is suffering from a food addiction, the road to realization for them could be a long and painful one. Just remember that not all addictions fit nicely into a little box and sometimes you may have to use extra methods to help the addicted person realize their problem.
Managing the masses
Food is marketed to the masses and while that seems to be quite effective, it doesn’t mean that food addiction treatment in Florida should be as well. In fact, whenever someone is fighting an addiction, their individual unique personality will be an important factor in the approach.
Dr. Fleming has long advocated for an individual, one-on-one approach to any addiction treatment and food addiction treatment in Florida should be no different.
Dr. Fleming’s solution:
Dr. Fleming has long been working on studying drug addiction and how the brain works when subject to drug addiction and, through his efforts, he has unlocked a number of incredible keys to overcoming any number of challenges. His customized one-on-one approach has helped thousands of clients from around the world improve their lives, overcome addictions, and become better people.
Dr. Fleming’s vast experience includes:
- PhD trained with experience in not only addiction and clinical arenas but also corporate and executive development arenas.
- All one-on-one intensive arrangements customized and feature brain-retraining interventions and in depth, comprehensive assessment technologies.
- Come to the client and work “in their world” real time (no in patient stay overs that make a professional lose touch w/their busy life and work commitments).
- Versed in neuroscience and brain-based solutions that break the barriers around effectively changing a human being’s patterns of choices/behaviors.
- Coached hundreds of executives and professionals on 5 continents
- Over 95 percent “highly satisfied w/outcomes.”
- Been featured expert in The New York Times and Christian Science Monitor, and in featured interviews alongside gurus such as Marshall Goldsmith.
- A former shrink who knows under the radar barriers of human nature but doesn’t act like a shrink—a down to earth change agent who speaks it like it is.
- Former Hollywood high end clients come from his work as a recording artist as well as private coach for “derailed notables.”
- Former big name clients have trusted him: from a former White House Cabinet member to NFL athletes to professional musicians to Fortune 500 C-levels.